Professional Chicago Commercial Dryer Vent Installation
You can greatly enhance the level of health and safety at your Chicago commercial property by having professional air flow experts like those here at Air Flows Chicago handle your commercial dryer vent installation service. Whether you’re installing a brand new commercial dryer vent, or upgrading an old one, it's majorly important to make sure it’s properly functioning.
By installing a brand new commercial dryer vent, you can:
- Increase the efficiency of your dryer unit
- Lower how long it takes to dry
- Remove lint build up
- Reduce risks of dryer fires
- Prevents rodents from entering the dryer
Contact Air Flows Chicago today for high quality commercial dryer vent installation services. We tailor all of our services to the unique needs of your commercial property, offering all dryer vent installation services for a fair and competitive rate.
We may use the hard bristle brushes to clean your ducts if the make is metallic. After that, we will thoroughly clean the screen area and the dryer vent before doing the final inspection for cleanliness. If there are any traces of dirt remaining, we will repeat the process until nothing of it is left. Once everything is in order, we will reattach everything to the way it was. The dryer vent to the dryer, the outside vent and finally your lint screen.
This thorough cleaning will not only prevent fires but it will keep your unit working properly far longer than without it. After the duct is clean, Air Flows Chicago technicians will perform an inspection to ensure everything is safe and in working order. If you are ready to schedule an appointment, call us today or fill out the form below!
The Warning Signs That your Commercial Dryer Vent Need Cleaning:
- It’s taking longer than usual to dry towels/clothes.
- Your towels/clothes are hotter than normal when the cycle ends.
- Your energy bills have climbed.
- The outdoor vent flap isn’t open when your dryer is in use.
Benefits for Dryer Vent Cleaning
- Reducing the risk of dryer vent fires
- Cutting your energy bills
- Improving drying times
- Cutting maintenance/repair bills
- Increasing the lifespan of your dryer
Air Flows Chicago superior residential dryer vent cleaning skills result in the following benefits:
- Reduced risk of dryer vent-related fires
- Lower energy bills
- Faster drying times
- Reduced maintenance/repair bills
- Greater dryer lifespan
Cleaning Commercial Dryer Vents
Dryer maintenance is an absolute must for laundromats or businesses with on-site dryers in order to keep your staff and customers safe. The lint build up that can occur in dryers without maintenance not only poses a fire hazard, but actually makes your dryers work much harder - which drains energy, and at worst, can actually increase the risk of fires due to overheating.
Dryers are considered the top household appliance that causes fires in America - with over 35 million dollars of estimated annual damages associated with dryer fires. Commercial dryers are somewhat more at risk for this due to the way that they are often positioned close together in large numbers.
In this article, the dryer cleaning and dryer maintenance experts here at Air Flows Chicago will detail the essentials of cleaning commercial dryer vents.
How To Know Your Commercial Dryer Requires Cleaning
The main signal that your commercial dryer needs to be cleaned is a diminishment in efficiency. Your dryer will be taking longer to dry the same amount of clothes - indicating that the dryer vents are clogged.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Call us for commercial dryer vent installation service in Chicago. Air Flows Chicago provides professional dryer vent system installation In Chicago and surrounding areas, Whether you’re installing a new laundry units in buildings or your old vents are damaged, Air Flows Chicago can help!
Another indication that your dryer must be cleaned is that it’s running extra hot. Keep in mind that there’s always warmth associated with dryers - but if you’re noticing pronounced heat coming from the dryer - if your customers are complaining - or clothes are coming out incredibly hot, it may indicate that the dryer is clogged and overheating.
A serious indicator of dryer overheating is a burning smell - which happens when lint builds up around the hose or exhaust. Lint is highly flammable - so this constitutes a major safety risk, and must be professionally addressed as soon as possible.
Air Flows Chicago on ABC Eyewitness News on Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning in Chicago
Dryer Vent Maintenance
Here at Air Flows Chicago, we regularly provide full-service cleaning for dryer vents - devices which, especially with regular use, can accumulate dust and particulates which interfere with successful operation. There’s a range of tactics which can be implemented - from installation to maintenance - which ensures the successful longevity and cleanliness of dryer vents.
Dryer Vent Installation Tips
- Always have clothes dryers professionally installed
- Ensure that your dryer is plugged in correctly, using the proper electrical plug and outlet
- Always read manufacturer instructions and dryer care manuals before operation
Dryer Cleaning Tips
- Always clean the lint filter before and after doing your laundry, as well as all lint in the rear of the dryer
- Clean your lint filters with a nylon brush at least twice a year - more if it often gets clogged
- Clean lint out of vent pipes every 3 months
- If your clothes are taking too long to dry, have your clothes dryer professionally cleaned
Dryer Maintenance Tips
- Ensure that the venting system in the rear of the dryer isn’t damaged or obstructed
- Always cover outdoor wall dampers to protect them from inclement weather
- Make sure all outdoor vent coverings are open when the dryer is running
- Replace any plastic venting or coiled wire foil with rigid, non-ribbed metal ducts
- Make sure all gas powered dryers are annually professionally inspected for leaks
- Make sure animals and insects have not built nests in your outdoor vents
- Keep flammable objects away from your dryer
- Unplug or disconnect your dryer if you'll be away from home for a while
- Never use your dryer if it has a broken, clogged up, or damaged lint filter
- Don’t use dryers without lint filters
- Never overload clothing into your dryer
- Never use cloths or wire screens to cover up wall dampers as they clog rapidly
- Never place objects with plastic, foam, or rubber in your dryer - including bathroom rugs
- Never dry anything labeled “dry without heat” in your dryer
- Never dry any materials with fiberglass unless explicitly allowed by manufacturer instructions
- Never dry objects that have been soaked in flammable liquids like cooking oil, alcohol or gasoline (dry them outdoors.)
- Don’t leave dryers running when you go to bed!
- Step 1: Find your vent. Before you can clean your dryer vent, you'll need to figure out where it actually is. ...
- Step 2: Carefully disconnect your dryer. ...
- Step 3: Vacuum the lint. ...
- Step 4: Get in there with a brush. ...
- Step 5: Clean up and reconnect. ...
- Step 6: Celebrate.
- Excess Dry Times. One of the first signs that your dryer vent is clogged is when your clothes are no longer fully drying during a regular dry cycle. ...
- Burning Smell. Have you noticed a burnt odor coming from your dryer whenever you have a load going? ...
- Hot Exterior. ...
- Sizable Lint.
Dryer Safety Tips
How often should a dryer vent be cleaned?Once per year recommended by Chicago Professional Dryer Vent Cleaner Air Flows Chicago. A good rule of thumb is to have your dryer exhaust vents inspected and cleaned by a professional at least once per year. However, if you have a household that uses your dryer often, such as one with a lot of children, you may want to consider increasing that amount to every six months
Is dryer vent cleaning worth it?
Dryer fires are one of the leading causes of home fires in the United States. Too much lint can impede air flow in the vent, causing the appliance to overheat. ... Not cleaning your vents will not only increase the risk of a fire, but can also cost you a significant amount of money.
How often should you replace the dryer vent hose?
There is really no right answer but, generally speaking you should never go more than one year without cleaning your dryer duct. If you have a large family and a long dryer vent twice a year may be necessary. It's very important that when your vent is cleaned that the technician gets to the vents exit.